February 17, 2015
This is our follow post on Talend Interview Questions, below are the all required steps to access Salesforce data using your own Talend Instance using APEX REST API.
In SF go to Setup, Create, Apps. Scroll to bottom of page where it says Connected apps and click new by visiting the given url
Name can be anything as long as you know what it is, callback URL does not really matter, but use same as example. The important thing is selecting the Access and Manage Your data in scopes.
After you create it, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret Values are what you use in Call to OAUTH API. Please see the screenshot below.
After setting up the Connected App in Salesforce, we need to make a call to OAUth API to get token i.e access token. For making the call we need to have cURL installed. There may be other options but I prefer cURL.
One can download the cURL with SSL for one’s OS and the required certificate of it from the below link https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203691436-Installing-and-using-cURL
Create a cURL folder on your machine and move the cURL.exe and its certificate to that folder. Setup “Path” environment variable of it so that cURL can be accessed from anywhere in command prompt. Please see the screenshot below.
Once the cURL is setup, run the below mentioned command in command prompt to get the access token mentioned in Step 3.
curl –data “grant_type=password&client_id=<insert consumer key here>&client_secret=<insert consumer secret here>&username=<insert your username here>&password=<insert your password and token here>” -H “X-PrettyPrint:1” https://test.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token
Response of this would be something like this
“id” : “https://test.salesforce.com/id/00Dc0000003txdzEAA/005D0000001wi7EIAQ”,
“issued_at” : “1421777842655”,
“token_type” : “Bearer”,
“instance_url” : “https://<instance>.salesforce.com”,
“signature” : “AJjrVtbIpJkce+T4/1cm/KbUL7d4rqXyjBJBhewq7nI=”,
“access_token” : “00Dc0000003txdz!ARQAQHJEpvN8IcIYcX8.IfjYi0FJ6_JFICLcMk6gnkcHdzMF1DYd2.ZW9_544ro7CnCpO4zzPmkgQ7bE9oFd8yhBALGiIbx7”
Use the “access_token” value in tRESTClient in “Bearer Token”. Please see the screenshot below.
Use 2 tLogRow components, one for showing the success result and the other for displaying any error thrown. Please see the screenshot below
Execute the job and you see result as below
Thank you very much for reading the article!!!
Please feel free to post your comments.
November 24, 2014
Hey Folks, As Discussed in our earlier post this our subsequent post regarding Informatica Interview Questions. please subscribe to get the free copy of PDF with answers and leave a comment.
Informatica Questions And Answers :-
1) What is the difference between reusable transformation & shortcut created ?
2) Which one is true for mapplets ( can u use source qyalifier, can u use sequence generator, can you use target) ?
3) What are the ways to recover rows from a failed session ?
4) Sequence generator, when u move from development to production how will you reset ?
5) What is global repository ?
6) How do u set a variable in incremental aggregation ?
7) What is the basic functionality of pre-load stored procedure ?
8) What are the different properties for an Informatica Scheduler ?
9) In a concurrent batch if a session fails, can u start again from that session ?
10) When you move from development to production then how will you retain a variable value ?
11) Performance tuning( what was your role) ?
12) what are conformed dimensions?
13) Can you avoid static cache in the lookup transformation? I mean can you disable caching in a lookup transformation?
14) What is the meaning of complex transformation?
15) In any project how many mappings they will use(minimum)?
16) How do u implement un-connected Stored procedure In a mapping?
17) Can you access a repository created in previous version of Informatica?
18) What happens if the info. Server doesn’t find the session parameter in the parameter file?
19) How did you handle performance issues If you have data coming in from multiple sources, just walk through the process of loading it into the target
20) How will u convert rows into columns or columns into rows
21) What are the steps involved in the migration from older version to newer version of Informatica Server?
22) What are the main features of Oracle 11g with context to data warehouse?
24) How to run a session, which contains mapplet?
25) Differentiate between Load Manager and DTM?
26) What are session parameters ? How do you set them?
27) What are variable ports and list two situations when they can be used?
28) Describe Informatica Architecture in Detail ?
29) How does the server recognise the source and target databases.
30) What is the difference between sequential batch and concurrent batch and which is recommended and why?
31) A session S_MAP1 is in Repository A. While running the session error message has displayed
‘server hot-ws270 is connect to Repository B ‘. What does it mean?
32) How do you do error handling in Informatica?
33) How can you run a session without using server manager?
34) Consider two cases:
1. Power Center Server and Client on the same machine
2. Power Center Sever and Client on the different machines
what is the basic difference in these two setups and which is recommended?
35) Informatica Server and Client are in different machines. You run a session from the server manager by specifying the source and target databases. It displays an error. You are confident that everything is correct. Then why it is displaying the error?
36) What is the difference between normal and bulk loading? Which one is recommended?
37) What is a test load?
38) How can you use an Oracle sequences in Informatica? You have an Informatica sequence generator transformation also. Which one is better to use?
39) What are Business Components in Informatica?
40) What is the advantage of persistent cache? When it should be used.
41) When will you use SQL override in a lookup transformation?
Please provide your name and email address for your free download.
November 21, 2014
Hi Folks , from this post onwards we will be posting some Top Informatica Questions that are generally being asked in Interviews.
1. How do u change parameter when u move it from development to production. ?
2. How does the session recovery work. ?
3. why use shortcuts(Instead of making copies). ?
4. where is the reject loader and how to use it. ?
5. Do you have to change the reject file before using reject
loader utility. ?
6. Differences between current and previous versions. ?
7. Debugger – what are the modules, what are the options
you can specify when using debugger, can you change the
expression condition dynamically when the debugger is running ?
8. Mapplets – can you use an active transformation in a Mapplet ?
9. What are active transformations?
10. Can u use flat files in Mapplets ?
11. How many transformations can be used in mapplets. Is there any specified limit ?
12. Can a joiner be used in a mapplet?
13. How can you join 3 tables? Why cant you use a single Joiner to join 3 tables
14. Global and Local shortcuts. Advantages.
15. Mapping variables, parameters syntax, if you create mapping variables
and parameters in mapplet can u use them in the mapping?
16. Have you worked with/created Parameter file
17. What’s the layout of parameter file (what does a parameter file contain?)?
18. Why do we use Mapping Parameter and mapping variable?
19. Session Recovery. 1000 rows in the source of which 500 passed
through and then I killed the session. Can you perform a recovery and how ?
20. What are the modules in Power Center ?
21. filter transformation in the condition one of the data is NULL would the record be dropped.?
22. Implement all three SCD’s using Informatica and with different approaches. ?
Please Leave your comment if you have any query
Subscribe US!!! to get the free PDF copy of Answers
October 8, 2014
These are some of the Top 10 Medium SQL Interview Question And Answers That A 1 Year Exp person should know.
Please subscribe to our blog to download the PDF regarding SQL Interview Question And Answers , it will be directly mailed to you.
1) Write SQL Query to find details of employee with second highest salary of Employee table
2) SQL Query to find Max Salary from each department.
3) Write SQL Query to display current date.
4) Write an SQL Query to check whether date passed to Query is date of given format or not.
5) Write a SQL Query to print the name of distinct employee whose DOB is between 01/01/1960 to 31/12/1975.
6) Write an SQL Query find number of employees according to gender whose DOB is between 01/01/1960 to 31/12/1975.
7)Write an SQL Query to find employee whose Salary is equal or greater than 10000.
8)Write an SQL Query to find name of employee whose name Start with ‘M’
9) find all Employee records containing the word "Joe", regardless of whether it was stored as JOE, Joe, or joe.
10) Write a SQL Query to find year from date.
Check this post on Top 13 Sql Interview Questions And Answers
October 8, 2014
Welcome to our Top 13 SQL Interview Questions and Answers page, we start with basic questions, move on to intermediate level and finish on advanced questions.
NOTE: If you would like to focus on basic SQL interview questions only then we recommend visiting our Basic Interview Q&As page.
we will be uploading a pdf very soon for the post sql interview questions and answers , one should give when appearing for an interview. kindly subscribe to grab your copy.
Questions are split into 3 levels :-
Questions For Fresher’s:
Question 1: What type of joins have you used? Question 2: How can you combine two tables/views together? For instance one table contains 100 rows and the other one contains 200 rows, have exactly the same fields and you want to show a query with all data (300 rows). This sql interview question can get complicated. Question 3: What is the difference between where and having clause? Question 4: How would apply date range filter? Question 5: What type of wildcards have you used? This is usually one of mandatory sql interview question. Question 6: How do you find orphans? Question 7: How would you solve the following sql queries using today's date: First day of previous month, First day of current month, Last day of previous month, Last day of current month?
Questions For Experienced:
Question 8: You have a table that records website traffic. The table contains website name (multiple websites), page name, IP address and UTC date time. What would be the query to show all websites visited in the last 30 days with total number or visits, total number if unique page view and total number of unique visitors (using IP Address)? Question 9: How to display top 5 employees with the higest number of sales (total) and display position as a field. Note that if both of employees have the same total sales values they should receive the same position, in other words Top 5 employees might return more than 5 employees.
Question 10: How to get accurate age of an employee using SQL? Question 11: This is SQL Server interview question. You have three fields ID, Date and Total. Your table contains multiple rows for the same day which is valid data however for reporting purpose you need to show only one row per day. The row with the highest ID per day should be returned the rest should be hidden from users (not returned). Question 12: How to return truly random data from a table? Let say top 100 random rows? Question 13: How to create recursive query in SQL Server?
Check this post on Top Medium Level Interview Question And Answers
September 7, 2014
One of the finest achievement of the JAVA is Garbage Collection. Now developers not to worry about allocation and de-allocation of the memory and create new objects. The responsibility of reclaiming the memory is of Garbage Collector.
One Liner: Garbage Collection is the mechanism provided by Java Virtual Machine to reclaim heap space from objects which are eligible for Garbage Collection.
In order to understand how Garbage Collection works in java, first we need to understand how memory is managed in Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
When a JAVA programme starts, OS allocate some memory to JVM. JVM uses this memory for its need and use a part of this memory as Heap Memory.
Heap Memory is the area of the memory used for dynamic allocation. Generally Heap is located at the bottom of address space and move upwards.
When we create any object, the memory is allocated to object from heap and when the object is collected by Garbage Collector the memory goes back to Heap Memory.
Objects Eligible for Garbage Collection in Java
Garbage Collector collects the objects which are not in the use.
One Liner: An object is in use if it can be reached or accessed by the running program.
In JVM, running Java programme have many running threads, each of which is executing the method(s).
Each of the method have reference to objects as arguments or local variable. These reference belong to Root Set of References. Root set of references are the references which are immediately accessible by the programme. Static references variables and references registered through Java Native Interface (JNI) API are also belongs to Root Set of References.
Following are some scenarios in which the object is eligible for garbage collection:
- The object is not referred by any references or we can say that all the references of the object is set to null.
- Reference goes out of scope once control exit the block or method.
- When you set the reference of the object to null, all the object which are referred by only this object is eligible for garbage collection.
- If there is cyclic reference, then all the object in the cycle are eligible for garbage collection.
E.g.: a=b; b=c; c=a
- When the object only have weak reference or soft reference.
How Garbage Collection in JAVA works
To identify which objects are eligible for garbage collection in Java, JVM runs mar-and-sweep-algorithm.
It’s a two-step straightforward process:
- All object’s references traverse in this algorithm, starting from root set and marked as live object.
- Then Garbage collector collect those objects which are not marked as live objects and reclaim the heap memory.
September 4, 2014
In our quest to find something useful for our users across the web , today we would like to showcase to you some really awesome content compiled by http://www.disoln.org . These set of videos provide all possible Informatica tutorials for beginners that is needed . The video series has been divided into many sections (and subsections) ,
Deals with basic introduction to Informatica and its essential components . This section then continues to give introductions to basic components and finally the last video winds up with a complete functional informatica workflow.
Informatica Tutorial 1.1 – Client Components Introduction -Introduction to Informatica PowerCenter Client components, Includes Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
Informatica Tutorial 1.2 – Client Configuration (Add Repository)-This Video shows the configuration required for the Powercenter Client before it can get connected to Repository Server.
Informatica Tutorial 1.3 – Working with Source Analyzer -This Video shows the Step-by-Step process for creating different type of source definition using source analyzer in Powercenter.
Informatica Tutorial 1.4 – Working with Target Designer -This Tutorial Video shows the Step-by-Step process for creating Target definition using Target analyzer in Informatica Powercenter.
Informatica Tutorial 1.5 – Create My First Mapping -This Tutorial Video shows the Step-by-Step process for creating your first Informatica mapping.
Informatica Tutorial 1.6 – Create My First Workflow -This Tutorial Video shows the Step-by-Step process for creating your first Informatica Workflow.
Informatica Tutorial 1.7 – Schedule and Monitor Workflow-This Tutorial Video shows the process for creating your Informatica Workflow, Schedule and Monitor the Workflow.
Informatica Tutorial 1.8 – Aggregator Transformation & Multiple Data Sources -This Tutorial Video shows the process for creating mapping with multiple data sources, create Expression and Aggregator Transformation.
Informatica Tutorial 1.9 – Work with Flat File, LookUp & Filter Transformation -This Tutorial Video shows the process for creating mapping with Fixed Width File data source, create LookUp and Filter Transformation
These set of Informatica tutorials videos would suffice for any beginner who is trying to learn this awesome tool!! For practical informatica related scenarios you could check out this page .